EZ Storage Security
A primary consideration for renters is the level of security present at self storage facilities. You want to be sure you are choosing a secure storage facility – quality facilities take security extremely seriously and utilize various measures including closed-circuit security cameras and controlled gate access systems. Of course, nothing is completely fail-safe, but following some simple guidelines can deter potential wrongdoers and prevent unwanted access to your unit.
Most self storage facilities invest in some form of security, but it is still important to research the security amenities of a storage facility before signing a lease. Because the type and level of self storage security can vary significantly among facilities, you should evaluate each facility’s security measures to determine whether it provides sufficient protection for your belongings. Use the checklist below to compare the features of EZ Storage’s secure storage units in Boston to our competitors.
- Perimeter fencing – gated facilities with perimeter fencing keep unwelcome visitors out, ensuring that only key holders gain entry to ensure proper storage unit security in Boston.
- Entrance and exit gates – require drivers to enter a code both when entering and exiting, preventing access to unauthorized persons.
- Good lighting– well-lit facilities allow users to see their surroundings, and maximize visibility while accessing their storage unit at dark.
- Resident caretaker or manager – assist tenants in the event of an emergency after office hours and are a visible property presence, adding another level of self storage security in Boston for you and your belongings.
- Computer controlled access – unique access codes that are entered and recorded in the security system provide additional security at gates and allow entry to authorized users.
- Individual door alarms – alarm sounds when a storage door is opened and a proper access code has not been entered into the gate access system, notifying the property manager of a potential problem.
- Security cameras – keeping the cameras rolling deters thieves, and digital video surveillance creates a record of who comes and goes from each facility to provide secure storage units in Boston.
- Site graphics display – monitors in the office display camera activity on the property, which is an effective deterrent of criminal mischief.
- Limiting access to regular hours – limited hours that storage renters can enter the property and access their storage unit.
- High quality construction – our secure storage units in Boston are constructed to protect your belongings by using the finest masonry and quality steel partitions, high grade latches, and burglar resistant panels and mesh.
- Proper identification from renters – requesting legal identification from renters is another way to beef up security measures, while discouraging wrongdoing.
*Features vary by location
Important Security Tips
Following these simple self storage tips will help prevent theft of your valuable documents and belongings.
- Experts recommend that you position valuable items to the back of the storage unit.
- Choose a strong lock with a combination or key access.
- Record your combination number someplace secure like a safe in your home or a password protected app on your phone. Make sure you have a duplicate key if you’ll be sharing the unit or to use as a back up in case your primary key is misplaced.
- Always double check that your lock is securely engaged when leaving your storage unit.
- Create an inventory list of the property you are storing. This creates a permanent record of your belongings in the event of a loss and serves as a helpful reference when you need to find an important item in your storage unit.