Information We Collect
When you contact us we will collect both personal and non-personal information from you. Information collected by us is voluntarily provided by you and may include information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address. Examples of this include when you respond to our polls and surveys, give us feedback, and request information. All information collected from you is maintained by our third party vendor and we take the protection of this information very seriously. The information you provide is maintained and safeguarded using appropriate security measures that protect against the misuse of any personal information that we have collected from you on our site.
Another type of personal information you may provide includes your credit card information which is supplied to our third party payment card processing vendor when making a payment on your account through a link on our Website. We do not store your credit card information in our databases or system. We do understand that this information is very sensitive and we, along with and through our PCI compliant payment card processing vendor, have appropriate security measures including the use of Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology in place to protect against the misuse of any personal information that we have collected from you on our site.
The information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Your contact information, including your first name, last name, phone number and email address, provided by you to register to receive our newsletters, company related updates, promotions, and materials from us;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the website and for us to credit your account for various online transactions. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address used to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience for you on our website.
Children Under the Age of 13
This site and system is not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
How We Use the Information
We collect information about you in order to provide you with products and services and also collect information that is necessary for the system to work properly. We use personal and non-personal information about our users for a variety of purposes including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding our products and services;
- Tracking information about your visits to our site or use of the system to allow us to provide better service;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the System you have initiated;
- Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers; and
We may also use information we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze how visitors and subscribers use and navigate our website, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners.
We may disclose and use your information in special circumstances where we believe in good faith that such disclosures: (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; or (b) will help to enforce our Legal Terms and Conditions; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our website, EZ Storage., and/or third parties, including the safety and security of property that belongs to EZ Storage,. or third parties.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google, SEO and PPC to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display EZ Storage product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past visits to the site or another site affiliated with EZ Storage products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information we may collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google AdWords for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings and you can opt-out of SEO or PPC by modifying your opt-out cookies on the DAA Consumer Choice site.
How We Share Information
We may hire agents and contractors to perform services on our behalf including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our website, sending e-mails to you, and handling our billings, processing and collecting payments, collections and renewals. These other companies may be supplied with, or have access to, your personally identifiable information for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf.
We may disclose and use your information in special circumstances where we believe in good faith that such disclosures: (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; or (b) will help to enforce our Legal Terms and Conditions; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our website, EZ Storage., and/or third parties, including the safety and security of property that belongs to EZ Storage or third parties.
In the event that all of our business assets are transferred to, or acquired by, another company your information may be one of the transferred assets.
The EZ Storage website may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. EZ Storage is not responsible or liable for the information collection practices or content of such linked sites. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, third parties.
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us;
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google, SEO or PPC to track your online activity as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section
We maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our system. The personally identifiable information that we collect about you is stored in limited access servers, password protected and accessible by only a limited number of our personnel. We will maintain additional safeguards to protect the security of your personally identifiable information. Although we take these measures to protect the security of your information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. You transmit such information at your own risk and agree that EZ Storage will not be liable for any damages or injury that may result from unauthorized access to, or use of, your information.
How to Contact Us
Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 191
Wayzata, MN 55391