EZ Storage Tips
We offer the following suggestions to help make your move much more efficient.
1) Insure your property. The property you place inside your storage space is your responsibility. Before you move into your storage unit, contact your insurance agent or ask the location manager to provide you with information about companies who can provide insurance coverage for your property.
2) Inspect your storage space. Refer to our Space Guide, or simply ask an EZ Storage® representative to find the right size for your needs.
3) Purchase a high quality hardened steel or brass lock to secure your storage unit. Disc locks have become popular with many customers.
4) Place pallets or skids on the concrete floor to eliminate direct contact with the concrete.
5) Determine the packing materials you need. EZ Storage® carries bubble-wrap, tape, drop cloths, mattress and furniture covers, locks, a variety of boxes, and more!
6) Fill all your boxes to capacity. Partially full or bulking cartons may collapse or tip during your move. Heavy items like books or tools should be packed in small boxes so they are easy to lift.
7) Protect your fragile goods with packing (i.e. bubble wrap), and place them near the top of your storage space.
8) Label all of your boxes. Take home a list of labeled boxes for easy reference when you need to locate your goods.
9) Pack the storage space carefully. Help protect your belongings by leaving air space around the perimeter for ventilation.
10) For your protection, do not lean items against storage walls.
11) Leave a walkway to the rear of your space for easy access.
12) Place frequently used goods near the door. Use all the space available, including the height. EZ units have extra high ceiling clearance with a minimum height of 9 feet.
13) We know your belongings are important to you so make sure you are storing your goods in a secure storage facility.
14) It is important to remember that you cannot place prohibited items in your storage unit. State laws, local laws and fire codes determine what items may be stored. Never store live animals, perishables, food, etc. Electrical appliances (heaters, refrigerators, lights, etc.) may not be connected to any service outlets.
Renting With Us is EZ!
- Call or Stop By
- Select Your Unit
- Sign the EZ Month-to-Month Lease
The EZ Storage Manager was very nice and helpful in my accommodations.- Framingham Customer